Highly sought-after for its picturesque views and exceptional location, the East Orlando neighborhood of Waterford Lakes and Avalon Park is a suburban wonderland with beautiful houses, apartments, and townhomes, complimented by a wide-variety of shopping, dining, and entertainment options. A diverse mix of young professionals, busy students, and growing families love to call this area home for its convenient locale near downtown Orlando and top-rated schools like the University of Central Florida. This quaint community offers residents the comfort of life in a small town with all the conveniences of city life.
Apartments in Waterford Lakes & Avalon Park
Here, you'll find a diverse mix of apartments ranging in size and price to fit your unique budget and lifestyle needs. Once you've determined your ideal size and price you can choose from a plethora of luxurious features and resort-style amenities, including granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, hardwood flooring, private garages, walk-in closets, and private patios/balconies. For a little rest and relaxation, take a dip in the sparkling swimming pool, sweat it out at the fitness center, play Frisbee with your pup at the dog park, or shoot hoops at the basketball court.Start Your Search for Apartments in Waterford Lakes
Things to Do in Waterford Lakes & Avalon Park
Shop ‘Til You Drop
Just minutes from your Waterford Lakes/Avalon Park apartment you'll find a shopper's paradise awaiting you with a wealth of one-of-a-kind boutique shops and major chain stores.
- Waterford Lakes Town Center: A hub for shopping and entertainment, Waterford Lakes Town Center is a true shopper's paradise! Here you'll find all your favorites with dozens of stores and specialty shops, including popular retailers like Best Buy, American Eagle, Bath & Body Works, PetsMart, and Old Navy. For an afternoon of fun, catch a movie at Regal Cinemas 20 or play skee ball with the kids at Chuck E. Cheese's.
- Downtown Avalon Park: Browse a selection of one-of-a-kind items at Downtown Avalon Park's selection of boutique shops, including Avalon Park Jewelers, KT Artistry, and Avalon Park Florist. Here, you'll also find a variety of banks, health care offices, and professional services such as hair and nail salons, fitness centers, law offices, and dry cleaners.
Mouth Watering Bites
Right around the corner from your Waterford Lakes or Avalon Park apartment, you'll find a wide-selection of tasty treats, including Asian fusion, authentic Greek cuisine, and specialty grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Top Top Hot Pot: Dive into an Asian feast of seafood and meats with your choice of flavored broth for cooking. The broth dipping pots are similar to fondue, allowing you to choose an assortment of your favorite flavors for a meal you won't forget!
- Marlow's Tavern: Head to the popular Orlando restaurant, Marlow's Tavern for a tasty selection of American dishes and a lively atmosphere with flat-screen TVs, a cozy outdoor patio, and live music. Chow down on a juicy Tavern burger, the "Infamous" fish tacos, or seared jumbo scallops – yum!
- Little Greek Fresh Grill: Dine on authentic, freshly-made Greek food at Little Greek Fresh Grill with everything from falafels, pita and hummus, dolmades, and, of course, authentic Greek salad with all of your favorite toppings. We can't forget about dessert, especially not with baklava and homemade rice pudding on the menu!
- 33 & Melt: Comfort food is 33 & Melt's bread and butter, offering guests a deliciously cheesy selection of gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, wings, and craft beers. Put a twist on the traditional grilled cheese with sandwich options including: crisp buffalo chicken, burger mac attack, and the porkster.
- Pesaro's Pizzeria & Ristorante: Grab a fresh pizza pie at Pesaro's, an Italian restaurant and local favorite that'll have your mouthwatering the moment you walk in the door!
Entertainment for All
- South Village Community Center: Take a dip in the pool, relax in the steamy sauna, or get your workout on at the gym. The community center is a great way to meet new people and feel connected to your city!
- Downtown Avalon Park: Fill your social calendar with a variety of community events like Halloween Spooktacular's, movies under the stars, and Latin festivals.
- Avalon Park Bike Trail: Downtown Avalon Park is surrounded by picture-perfect ponds and over 16 miles of tree-lined trails. This area is perfect hiking, biking, roller blading, or even enjoying a refreshing trailside picnic near the water.
Schools Serving Waterford Lakes & Avalon Park
Schools in Waterford Lakes and Avalon Park aim to maximize learning with top-notch academic and extra-curricular activities for all ages. Apartments in Waterford Lakes and Avalon Park are zoned for excellent East Orlando schools. Students in grades K-5 will likely be zoned for Waterford Elementary, Sunrise Elementary, Stone Lakes Elementary, Timber Lakes Elementary, or Avalon Elementary, while those in grades 6-8 are zoned for Discovery Middle, Avalon Middle, or Legacy Middle. Students in grades 9-12 may be zoned for Timber Creek High, East River High, or University High. College students also have a wide-variety of A+ options all within 15 miles of town, including the University of Central Florida, Full Sail University, and Valencia College's East Campus.
Getting Around Waterford Lakes & Avalon Park
Apartment residents of Waterford Lakes and Avalon Park can easily travel in and out of town with convenient access to major roadways like SR-408, Curry Ford Road, Alafaya Trail, and SR-50. Daily commuters will find their travel time short and sweet, making this area an ideal spot for students and professionals. Plus, Orlando's many attractions are only a short drive away – meaning you can avoid tourist congested roads and get to the fun even quicker! Because of its close proximity to downtown Orlando and UCF, major roadways in Waterford Lakes and Avalon Park are known to experience occasional slowdowns, so be sure to give yourself a bit of extra time – especially when commuting during peak travel times.These are the opinions of writers and not the opinions of 407apartments.com or any of our advertising partners.