Apartments in Oviedo are located just 20 miles northeast of the bustling city of Orlando, and retain a more relaxed, rural feel – making it an ideal spot for young professionals, students, and growing families. This quaint community has a lot to offer, including a variety of gorgeous houses, apartments, and townhomes, exceptional schools, picturesque parks and lakes, and a wealth of dining, shopping, and entertainment options. Exceptionally located just north of the University of Central Florida, this neighborhood is bordered the 417 toll road on the West side, offering quick access to I-4 and SR-408.Start Your Search for Apartments in Oviedo
Things to Do in Oviedo
- Marlow's Tavern: Head to Marlow's Tavern for a diverse selection of American dishes and a lively atmosphere with flat-screen TVs, a cozy outdoor patio, and live music. Geared to satisfy a variety of different tastes, Marlow's offers something for everyone with choices ranging from a Tavern burger to a roasted vegetable lasagna to shrimp and grits.
- Maple Street Biscuit Company: Does the thought of a homemade, buttery biscuit have your mouth watering? With a trip to Maple Street Biscuit Co. you can satisfy all your cravings with a plate full of scrumptious comfort food! You can't go wrong here, whether you're chowing down on a plate of chicken and waffles, biscuits and gravy, or a fried chicken sandwich – on a biscuit of course!
- De La Vega Bar: Celebrate life's best moments over a round of delicious cocktails and flavorful Latin-style food at De La Vega Bar. Quench your thirst with a house margarita or a classic mojito before dining on your choice of freshly prepared dishes, including enchiladas, tamales, gazpacho, and one of De La Vega's most famous dishes – tapas!
Shop ‘Til You Drop
Grab your coupons and head out for a day of relaxing retail therapy! Just minutes from your Oviedo apartment, you'll find a variety of major department stores like Target, Kohl's, and Wal-Mart. If you're a shopper at heart, you'll surely want to check out the Oviedo Mall. Home to a variety of top-notch shopping and entertainment options, the Mall includes stores like Barnes & Noble, Sears, a 22-screen Regal Cinema movie theater, Blue Jasmine Boutique, and Bath & Body Works. Extend the fun with a day of play at District Eat & Play, where you can test your wits in one of four escape rooms, knock down pins in the bowling alley, or rack up points in the arcade.
Activities for All
Get out of your Oviedo apartment to explore, and fill up your social calendar with a variety of family-friendly activities ranging from a day of swimming laps at the Aquatic Center to an afternoon of hiking along the river.
- Oviedo Amphitheatre & Cultural Center: At an impressive 3,100 sq. ft., the Oviedo Amphitheater is the perfect place to host a business retreat, wedding reception, or large party. Because of its accommodating space, there's always something fun and exciting going on at the Center. Visit the Center's website for a list of activities to fill up your social calendar or to book it for your own festivities!
- Oviedo Gymnasium and Aquatic Center: Get physical at the Oviedo Gymnasium and Aquatic Center with a basketball court, fitness room, indoor rock-climbing wall, playground, Olympic-sized swimming pool, and a splash zone – all of your favorite activities in one convenient location!
- Oviedo Golf Courses: Four! Practice your swing at one of Oviedo's top-rated golf courses, including Twin Rivers Golf Club and Tuscawilla Country Club. All that's left standing between you and a relaxing day on the green is a tee time!
- Econ River Wilderness Area: Take a walk on the wild side at Econ River Wilderness Area. Explore 3 miles of trails with pine flatwoods, a river swamp, and a variety of local wildlife, including the great horned owl, white-tailed deer, raccoon, bobcat, and golden mouse.
- Center Lake Park: Grab your sun screen and shades because Center Lake Park is the place to go for a day of fun in the sun. Take a romantic ride around the lake in a swan paddle boat, play fetch with your pup at the dog park, swing with the kids at the playground, or cool off at the splash pad.
- Lukas Butterfly Encounter: Feed butterflies from your fingertips or watch beautiful birds soar at the Lukas Butterfly Encounter. For a small admission fee of just $6.00, you can experience the magic of these beautiful creatures up close and personal.
Schools Serving Oviedo
Oviedo prioritizes the education of its youth with top-rated schools and academic programs for students of all ages. Children in grades K-5 may be zoned for Partin Elementary, Walter Elementary, Stenstrom Elementary, Carillon Elementary, or Evans Elementary, while those in grade 6-8 are zoned for Jackson Heights Middle or Chiles Middle. Students in grades 9-12 will likely be zoned for Oviedo High or Hagerty High. Oviedo is also home to the following specialized schools: Tuskawilla Montessori School, The Master's Academy, Double R Private School, and St. Luke's Lutheran School. College students also have a wide-variety of A+ options all within 15 miles of Oviedo, including Seminole State College, Rollins College, Full Sail University, the University of Central Florida, and Valencia College's East Campus.
Business Community in Oviedo
Oviedo is ideal for professionals seeking a convenient commute to and from the bustling business district of downtown Orlando. Apartments in Oviedo are convenient to major employers including Seminole State College, Publix Supermarkets, Lockheed Martin, A. Duda and Sons, Inc. and the Oviedo Mall. Living so close to downtown Orlando, the options are truly limitless with a wide-variety of boutique firms and offices just minutes away. Many apartment communities in Oviedo also offer major employer discounts – another reason to work close to home!
Getting Around Oviedo
Apartments in Oviedo are ideal for those looking to live outside the city while maintaining a quick and easy commute in and out of town. Whether you're traveling for work, school or a bit of fun, you'll find getting around Central Florida especially convenient with major roadways like SR-417/GreeneWay and SR-434/Alafaya Trail right around the corner from your Oviedo apartment. While Oviedo is free from much of the traffic and congestion seen in downtown Orlando, you may still face slowdowns on major roadways, especially during peak travel times.These are the opinions of writers and not the opinions of 407apartments.com or any of our advertising partners.