Get out and enjoy all of the outdoor adventures the Orlando area has to offer, then come home to luxury at Vernazza Apartments.
These are the opinions of writers and not the opinions of 407apartments.com or any of our advertising partners.
No matter which neighborhood you call home, Orlando always has plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy. Now that fall is upon us (at least according to the calendar, anyway), there are tons of things to do near your Orlando apartment.
Whether you're a fun-loving student, a young professional, or the head of a busy family, this list is sure to have something for everyone!
Off the Beaten Path
- Revolution Off-Road Adventures – Located in Clermont, this is a family-friendly 230-acre park where you can let loose your inner yee-haw and ride ATVs and mud buggies, as well as go fishing or practice target shooting and archery.
- Spirit of the Swamp – Have you ever raced over water at top speed, screaming "woooooo!"? Here's your chance. This airboat tour will take you through some of Central Florida's most breathtaking natural areas at a very affordable price.
- Alexander Springs – Consistently rated one of Florida's top springs, this is a gorgeous natural attraction with cold, clear water, kayaking, bike and hiking trails, and a beautiful white sandy beach.
- Night Hike at the Zoo – The Central Florida Zoo and Botanical Gardens offers a monthly chance to check out the nightlife and take a thrilling stroll by moonlight with other nocturnal creatures. If you bring the kids, please note they must be at least 5 years old.
- Wekiva Island – This little-known retreat just north of town is perfect for groups and special events. Rent a riverfront private cabana and enjoy a relaxing day of tubing, picnicking, or kayaking.
- Orlando Urban Trail – Grab your bike (and helmet!) or your walking shoes and enjoy Orlando's many delightful trails. This one begins near Downtown Orlando, winds past lakes and ponds, and lands at Mead Botanical Garden in Winter Park.
- Growvember – Mead Garden is more than just a pretty park, it's a 47-acre natural retreat with trails, gardens, event and performance spaces, and a butterfly garden. This fall they'll host their annual Fall Plant Sale with rare succulents, vegetables, and tropical flowers. They also have yoga in the park every Saturday and Wednesday.
- Leu Garden – Hidden away in Northeast Orlando, this relaxing outdoor space has concerts, movie nights, and holiday activities, as well as beautiful roses, artwork, and romantic paths under a canopy of ancient oaks.
- See Art Orlando – This vibrant city teems with stunning public artworks, and this self-guided walking tour is a fabulous way to check them out. Start at Lake Eola, then follow the guide to see engaging and unique works of art in stainless steel, stone, and LED lighting.
- Sanford Pub Walk – If you've never explored Sanford, now is the time. Stroll along the river and pop into charming watering holes like The Imperial, The Smiling Bison, and Deviant Wolfe Brewing.
- Winter Park Scenic Boat Tour – Glide through the verdant waterways of Winter Park's graceful lakes and canals. Fun for a family or a daytime date, this relaxing boat ride is highly enjoyable for everyone.
- Winter Garden Dinner Stroll – A hidden gem of Central Florida, this historic district features delectable bistros, craft cocktails, boutiques, and galleries. Have a snack at Morthan Cheese, a wicked drink at Pilar's Martini Bar, or pick up some homemade goodies at the Farmer's Market.
Orlando and the Central Florida area is packed with fun and affordable activities and events for you to enjoy with friends and family. New things are always being added, so keep checking 407Apartments for fresh ideas on how to enjoy your Orlando lifestyle to the max!