55 West is located in Downtown Orlando just one mile from UCF's Creative Village.
These are the opinions of writers and not the opinions of 407apartments.com or any of our advertising partners.
If you've traveled through downtown Orlando recently, you likely noticed that construction is well underway for the new UnionWest student dorms at the University of Central Florida's Creative Village. Your search for apartments near Creative Village is about to expand to include options near the University of Central Florida's Downtown Campus and Valencia College's Downtown Campus! This contemporary student living community, set to open in fall 2019, has been designed to foster a community-oriented, innovative atmosphere where students can "live, work, learn, and play."
We attended the debut of UnionWest's preview center and wanted to share an update on all of the new development! Here's what you can expect to see at UnionWest in just a few short months:
All-Inclusive Student Housing at UnionWest
The 15-story, all-inclusive student living space will be split into two sections: dorm-style housing and student services.
- Student Services and Amenities: UnionWest's first five floors are dedicated to serving the busy student with a variety of tailored services, to include 12,000 sq. ft. of academic space, quick dining options, student banking with CFE Federal Credit Union, and more.
- Dining Made Easy: Whether you need to grab a quick bite on your way to class or you want to treat yourself to dinner out, UnionWest has you covered with a variety of popular dining options located right on the first floor. Already confirmed are Qdoba Mexican Eats, Subway, and Dunkin' Donuts, with more to come!
- Dorm-style Apartments: With approximately 600 beds, Valenica and UCF students can choose from a variety of accommodations ranging from complete privacy with individual beds and baths to more affordable shared bed and bath options. Dorms come fully-furnished and include utilities like electric, water, trash, cable, and high-speed Wi-Fi in the rent.
- Private Parking Garage: Never worry about finding a parking spot with guaranteed, assigned parking spaces in the privately-managed UnionWest parking garage! Residents can reserve their spot for $110/per month.
Floorplan Options at UnionWest
With 10 floors of dedicated living space, UnionWest offers the following floorplan options:
- 4 Bed, 2 Bath Apartment: UnionWest's 4 bed, 2 bath apartments offer the most economical rates with 2 private and 2 shared bedrooms, and a private living space and kitchenette. Accommodates up to 6 residents, pricing debuted at $860/month for double-occupancy rooms and $1,060/month for private rooms (billed semesterly).
- 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath Suite: The 4 bed, 2 bath suites are designed to accommodate 6 students with 2 private and 2 shared bedrooms. This floorplan does not include a private common area or kitchenette, but there will be community areas and full gourmet kitchens on every floor. Pricing debuted at $760/month for double-occupancy rooms and $960/month for private rooms (billed semesterly).
- 4 Bedroom, 4 Bath Apartment: If privacy is what you're after, the 4 bed, 4 bath apartment offers every resident an individual bed and bath with a private common area and kitchenette shared only with the apartment roommates. Accommodates 4 residents, pricing debuted at $1,210/month (billed semesterly).
Every Commuter's Dream
UnionWest at UCF's Creative Village is well-connected to Downtown Orlando with free LYMMO and LYNX bus services, offering easy access to the Amway Center, Orlando City Soccer Stadium, Central Business District, and Thornton Park. SunRail and Orlando's bike and car share programs make commuting to Orlando's two hospital campuses and the greater Central Florida region a breeze.
The UCF Shuttle – free to students – connects the main UCF campus to the UCF downtown campus, giving students the freedom to frequent both campuses for class, student activities, and athletic events.