These are the opinions of writers and not the opinions of 407apartments.com or any of our advertising partners.
A corporate apartment, or corporate unit, is a furnished apartment companies can choose to rent out on a temporary basis. Depending on how frequently you would need to use it, a corporate apartment can be less expensive than an extended stay hotel.
There are a lot of similarities between the amenities and benefits of a corporate apartment compared to an extended stay hotel. How can you know which is better suited for your needs as well as the needs of the people who would be using the corporate apartment?
Below is a breakdown of a few of the main features of a corporate apartment that would make it a great match for companies and employees needing a place to stay for an extended period of time.
Benefits of a Corporate Apartment
- Washer and dryers are usually included. Washers and dryers are typically in-unit, or at the very least, on site.
- Full reign over apartment decoration. Decorate and organize the apartment to meet the needs of guests.
- Plenty of locations to choose from. You'll find plenty of corporate apartments near city centers as well as in the suburbs.
- Tons of parking. Most corporate apartments offer garage parking, on-street parking, or designated parking spaces in a parking lot.
Downsides to Choosing a Corporate Apartment
- No grocery service. Guests will have to run out to get their own groceries and food.
- No front desk or concierge service. If your guest is unfamiliar with the area, it can be hard for them to get help navigating the city to get to their destination.
- No valet parking. While there is plenty of parking, valet parking services are usually not included for corporate apartments.
- Minimum stay of 30 days. Most corporate apartments require a minimum stay of 30 days, making it inconvenient for stays under a month.
If you or your company is searching for a place to stay for under a month (or 30 days), then an extended stay hotel is probably the best option. You lose out on some of the amenities of a corporate apartment, but an extended stay hotel is your most cost-effective option.
You will, however, be able to find a lot more corporate apartment units scattered throughout cities and suburbs. Extended stay hotels can be in short supply in smaller cities.
If you want to rent a corporate apartment, you should view it as a permanent place for people to stay throughout the year.