These are the opinions of writers and not the opinions of 407apartments.com or any of our advertising partners.
No matter how long you've been living the Orlando lifestyle, this area is constantly evolving, and the locals always know where the best parties are. What's the haps near your Orlando apartment and the surrounding areas?
It's also the holiday season, which means even more chances to get out and enjoy the 407 in all its holiday splendor.
Greater Orlando's vibrant and diverse neighborhoods – from Winter Park to Lake Eola and beyond – offer a sparkling plethora of entertainments for you and your friends and family.
Here are some of our top tips for enjoying Orlando like a long-term local!
- Dazzling Nights at Leu Gardens – Located on the shores of Lake Formosa in North Orlando, the 8,000 square foot light maze and three-quarter mile path through a forest of dancing lights will stun and amaze your entire crew. Get your tickets now, this experience is sure to sell out soon.
- Stroll the Milk District – Named after T.G. Lee's milk parlor from 1934, this wacky area is full of murals and local shops. Food trucks run wild in this area, and their weekly Tasty Takeover is like a never-ending food rodeo. This lively area is just off Colonial Drive, near the Orlando Executive Airport and several top-notch Orlando apartments.
- Downtown for the Holidays – You never really need a reason to visit exceptional Lake Eola Park, but throughout the holidays, the park will host pop-up markets with gifts from local artisans, light shows, interactive family activities, and free holiday movies on the lawn.
- Loch Haven Park – Wander through a lush landscape of Old Florida beauty, and stop and say hi to The Mayor, one of the oldest and largest ancient oaks in the Southeast. There's plenty do for the whole family around the park, including the Orlando Science Center, the Orlando Museum of Art, and two our most successful theaters – Orlando Rep and Orlando Shakes.
- Do SoDo – Short for "South of Downtown," this area features plenty of trails, places to enjoy the stunning weather, beautifully decorated homes, lakes, and Cypress Grove Park – which features the Estate House, a drop-dead gorgeous 1925 mansion that's now a popular event venue.
- Stop and take a break at Vanberry's Public House, a super chill place to hang out, play board games, and stuff your face with their Bacon Caramel Fries, tacos, or The Dizzy Pig burger.
- Dezerland Park – Nestled right on I-Drive, this wacky place has something for everyone. Race your friends on go-karts, bowl, play pinball, throw axes (yep), or trip out on their glow-in-the-dark mini-golf course.
- Kings Dining & Entertainment – Super convenient to Orlando apartments near International, this late-night play land for adults features an exquisite restaurant, billiard tables, two craft cocktail bars, luxury bowling, old-school arcade, and an outdoor bocce ball court.
- The Thornton Park District – Often referred to as "downtown for adults," this hip and laid-back party community offers several bars with daily happy hours, several holiday markets, a farmer's market, the 2ndThursday Wine and Art Walk, and many other fun events.
- Thornton Park's The Abbey is one of Orlando's hippest clubs, with comedians, cabaret, live music, and absolutely delightful food and drinks.
- Wall Street Plaza – This festive complex in the heart of Downtown Orlando has several venues to choose from and weekly block parties that are perfect for a celebratory night out. Check out your favorite island drinks WaiTiki, relish the somewhat weird Hen House, or get your freak on at Sideshow and Shine.
This is only a small taste of all the entertainment available near your Orlando apartment. Follow 407Apartments for up-to-the nanosecond ideas and tips for enjoying this area to the fullest!