These are the opinions of writers and not the opinions of 407apartments.com or any of our advertising partners.
I know what it's like to be a baller on a budget. As a college student any kind of special, coupon, or discount that helps you do fun things or to even eat good, is received with open arms. You've got to spend money on your rent, car insurance, car payment, loans, groceries, gas – it's like it never ends. And even when it seems like all your bills keep piling up, there is definitely a light at the end of your tunnel.
And living in Orlando as a Full Sail student has it's perks. The Full Sail area isn't your typical . Whether your Full Sail apartment is just five minutes or 15 minutes away from campus, the surrounding local businesses keep you in mind. From local restaurants to restaurant chains, to even as far as stores at the mall and outlets – getting a discount is a nice bonus while attending school.
Thinking about seeing a movie or a show? Movie theaters like the Regal Cinemas at Waterford Lakes Towne Center offers student ticket prices. Want to enjoy the local arts scene? The Orlando Museum of Art only charges $7 for college students. As a student at Full Sail you even receive great discounts on software like Microsoft Office and Photoshop. Special events on campus are free for Full Sail students with I.D. like guest speakers from ESPN or the Red Bull BC One Orlando Cypher event.
Want to shave off a couple bucks from your car insurance? GEICO, State Farm, Esurance, Allstate and Farmers Insurance all offer discounts to students maintaining a certain grade level (usually "B" average). Or what about your phone bill? Sprint and AT&T offer student discounts off of each monthly bill for those attending the qualifying schools. Jiffy Lube gives $10 or 10% off your total bill when you present a valid student ID.
How about when you go shopping? Sam's Club has a collegiate membership program and offers a bonus $15 gift card when you sign up. At the Milennia and Premium Outlets, J. Crew, Ann Taylor and Banana Republic all offer a student discount on your purchases for showing your school ID.
And if you're feeling hungry, don't leave your valid Full Sail ID card at home! Guaranteed to be near Full Sail apartments and its surrounding area, you won't want to miss out on these deals!
- Chipotle: Receive a free drink from Chipotle with purchase and ID.
- Qdoba: Free drink with a Qdoba purchase and valid student ID.
- Subway: Get 10% off your total Subway purchase with a valid student ID.
- Burger King: Receive 10% off your total Burger King purchase with a valid student ID.
- Waffle House: 10% off your total purchase with a valid student ID.
- Chick-fil-A: Receive a free drink with each Chick-fil-A purchase when you show your valid student ID.
- McDonald's: 10% off your total McDonald's purchase with a valid student ID.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: 10% off your total Buffalo Wild Wings purchase with a valid student ID.
So living near Full Sail and attending school definitely has its perks! Just don't pass them up!