Find Apartments in Orlando by Neighborhood
If you are searching for an apartment in Orlando, Florida, also known as “The City Beautiful,” our map and general description of the Orlando area can help to familiarize you with the overall geography of this sprawling city. This should help make sure that you find the perfect Orlando apartment to meet your lifestyle.
Tips for Getting Around Orlando:
- Even though I-4 flows from west to east (from Tampa to Daytona), it primarily runs north - south through Orlando.
- The East-West Expressway (408) is the fastest way to cut across the center of Orlando, and the Central Florida Greenway (417) will help you get across the southern side of town.
- Don't stop for tolls! Get the Sunpass & cruise through tolls booths.
- Taking the bus? Check out the Lynx Trip Planner.
- Dial 5-1-1 to get up to date traffic information for free.
Get your bearings before you start searching for an apartment:
- Downtown Orlando is also known as the “heart” of Orlando, and is where most people base their directions off of. Located just on the outskirt of downtown is the small town of College Park, where many young professionals live in apartments that are convenient for a downtown commute.
- The northern area of Orlando is comprised of the larger cities of Altamonte Springs, Winter Park, Winter Springs, Apopka, and Sanford. Smaller cities in the northern portion of Orlando include Maitland and Longwood. Interstate 4 (I-4) is the main road running through this section of Orlando that is nearby to most apartments.
- East Orlando consists of the cities of Conway, Lee Vista, Waterford Lakes, and Belle Isle (Southeast Orlando). East Orlando is also home to the University of Central Florida, where college students and young professionals can find a wide variety of apartments that are still close to downtown Orlando.
- The cities of South Orlando are widely distributed, and include Kissimmee, Celebration, St. Cloud, Buenaventura Lakes, Hunters Creek, Meadow Woods, Lake Buena Vista, and Narcoosee (Southeast Orlando). Apartments in South Orlando are also closest to most world-famous attractions, including Walt Disney World!
- West Orlando is composed of the cities of Ocoee, Winter Garden, and Dr. Phillips. The small town of Windermere can also be found in West Orlando near Lake Butler. Residents of apartments in West Orlando have the easiest access to the Florida Turnpike and I-4.